Greenhills makes room for locals at The Gap

MOSAIC Property Group is making room for more locals to get a foothold in its latest Brisbane project, Greenhills By Mosaic at The Gap, even though the boutique townhouse development has nearly sold out.

The Brisbane-based developer has just released the final two premium townhouses at Greenhills, reserving them for residents within The Gap community and surrounding suburbs.

“Local residents will be given exclusive access to the two properties over the next four weeks because of the demand we have experienced from the local community,” said Mosaic Property Group’s Managing Director Brook Monahan.

“We felt it best that more locals should be a part of this exciting new project,” he said.

“The advertising campaign to the broader public, including listings on realestate.com.au, will commence four weeks after local residents have been given first priority.

“Many of our own team members live in The Gap, so we are extremely sympathetic to the area and understand what is important to the members of this community.”

Greenhills by Mosaic will bring to the leafy inner-western suburb 20 luxurious townhouses comprising 15 spacious three-bedroom and five open-plan, four-bedroom properties.

Greenhills has already attracted a strong level of interest from the local market with 60 per cent of owner occupiers who have bought in the development already locals at The Gap, with the remaining 40 per cent from surrounding suburbs.

Mr Monahan said the strong take-up by locals prompted Mosaic to reserve the extra two townhouses for local buyers.

“We have continued to receive queries from members within the community about availability of our townhouses, so we were pleased to be able to provide this one last chance for those still interested,” he said.

“We understand the passion that the local community has for the beautiful area of The Gap and want to allow people to remain in the area that they love in a beautiful brand-new home that they will also love.”

Caroline Mara, who has lived at The Gap since 1997, purchased a four-bedroom property at Greenhills and is expecting to move in by March 2018.

“I love the style and quality of Mosaic’s products, and of course the areas where they are being built,” Ms Mara said.

“I have lived at The Gap for some time and love all the trees and hills surrounding the suburb, it creates the perfect environment.

“Mosaic’s dedication to the local environment through their vegetation management plan is absolutely fantastic. It’s a shame more builders aren’t doing this sort of thing to stop suburbs looking like concrete jungles.”

Greenhills by Mosaic, located at 234 Payne Road, is being thoughtfully created by Mosaic Property Group, a developer with a solid track record of producing award-winning projects in established communities.

“We’ve definitely taken a grassroots approach to Greenhills,” said Mr Monahan.

This includes steps to deliver environmental dividends to the area, led by the regeneration of the waterway corridor at the rear of Greenhills.

Mosaic has committed $60,000 to the restoration work through a vegetation management plan that will retain native species and remove weed species from the corridor.

“The ecological protection of this asset is of paramount importance to everyone at Mosaic, and it is our commitment that we leave the waterway corridor in a better state than when we first inherited it,” Mr Monahan said.

Mosaic is also planting street trees along the frontage of Payne Road to provide more uniformed privacy for residents.

“We will be contributing funds to the Council to offset the loss of tree canopy, which will go directly back into planting more trees in the local area,” Mr Monahan said.

Construction of Greenhills by Mosaic is expected to be completed by March 2018.